It only do 110 mph. How to change this.

Asked by Nov 18, 2008 at 02:49 PM about the 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue

315

gotta get it chipped. it has an electronically set governor which sets a certain top speed it will reach. Once at that speed it cuts the power to the engine. My best bet is to look around where you live for a speed shop who have computer tuning software and have it tuned for performance while your getting the governor taken off.

45

ok bud the reason is the govener that reduces power when trhe engine hits a certain speed or rpm in final drive gear to change this you will need to a take it to a speed shop or b find a friend who works at a chevy dealership and plug tech two into it to change the settings or c live with it

175

Exactly what they said, its no longer a mechanical governor that can be physically removed.

95

well i wouldnt do over 90mph in any Oldsmobile but to be able to go faster is by gettin a reprogrammed PROM chip (Progammable Read Only Memory).

175

not even one with a 455 Rocket?

265

I can't believe they limited the Intrigue to 110. My 97 LeSabre, and my 97 Grand Caravan will both top out @ over 120. Of course I found out, having to carry a sick child to the ER, before he died from bee stings.

45

I hit ~120 mph on an empty Interstate with my Intrigue before the governer kicked in. The car slowed from 120 to 85 mph so fast, it was like someone punched me in the chest.

my girlfriends car does a hundred fifty two miles Prower with the governor on it you just have to learn how to start from first second third and drive you at first shift 2 gears 2nd shift threed and then 4th let it go lol and trust me you'll hit it but first you have to put a aftermarket exhaust into the chips on it you do not even have to mess with the governor

and it is a 99 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX short Star engine 3.5 ohv dutch engine

10

We have 2000 intrigue and we he raced a dodge 1500 hemi and we topped out around 120 mph we won too only reason is cause we smashed the gas when were at about 20 mph and the tire started barking but I'm impressed with the intrigue the engine kick in nicely