I have a 2001 oldsmobile silhouette the fuel pump is working I sprayed starting fluid in the intake it fired up and ran for about 10sec. I was told I needed to change the fuel pressure regulator I did now it wont run and if I spray starting fluid in it backfires flames out of the intake

10

Asked by Dec 08, 2014 at 12:18 PM about the 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette

21,700

Did you change the fuel filter? If it's plugged up it won't get fuel to the regulator. Are you positive the pump is working?

10

Yes i changed filter & regulate I'm getting fuel &spark but won't start at all now even with starting fluid & now backfires thru the intake when I use starting fluid i pulled out a plug & it's dry like no fuel is getting to them

21,700

Where are you checking the fuel at then? It could be bad fuel injectors? You can take them off and have them bench checked.

10

I had this problem on my 98 It was due to wet and dirty electrical connection. I believe it is the one that plugs in the fuel pump.

10

my 2003 back fires but wont start up