Car wont start and when try to start there is no humming sound

40

Asked by Dec 17, 2013 at 01:29 PM about the 2001 Oldsmobile Alero

Put in a new fule pump and my car
still wont start

40

Why wont car start

1,795

have you checked for blown fuses? also try swapping your fuel pump relay with one similar like a/c or abs NOT AIRBAG! and if that solves your issue. replace relay

40

I have tried that also... could it be the alternater? Should I just junk the car... I dont know what's wrong with it. No money either its all bad

1,795

no would not be the alternator. does your battery have a good charge? if you have a volt meter place it on the battery 12.5 and up is ok. the higher the better.

1,795

i would suggest disconnecting the batter, and cleaning all your grounds. and then reconnect the battery. it will reset your computer at the same time. if that fails i have another suggestion.

1,795

does this photo match your fuse block?

30

Does security light blink after attempt to start (with key still in on position)? If so, wait until security light stops blinking (could be several minutes), turn key off and try to start. My '01 Alero does same thing every now and then.

30

I have a 2003 Oldsmobile Alero 3400 V6 and everytime I turn the key over to crank it the engine turns over but it wouldn't start but it could be anybody can tell me what's the problem

30

I change the spark plugs I change the starter change crank sensor it still wouldn't start when I turn the key off what it can be

10

it's usually the fuel pump. You have to listen carefully to see if the fuel pump has run. The car will start after the fuel pump runs.... problem is why doesn't the fuel pump run each time. It can be 1. the fuel pump relay. 2. a pressure regulator. And that is usually all that it is. If it doesn't crank at all and you are sure your battery is good then it is the security lockout (the security light stays on in this case). The code chip in the key's plastic handle some how has lost its data, or the car forgot the data.... either way it can seem like there is an expensive repair in store. But there is no cost at all in the fix. The Fix 1. Turn the key to the start position (if you are trying to crank the engine, you've gone one too far) and leave the key in that position for exactly 10 min. 2. Turn the key to off for 4 seconds. 3. Now immediately start the car. The code should now be re-programed and you will be fine until a couple of months down the road when the car forgets the code again, then re- do this procedure.