Car won't start

Asked by May 12, 2016 at 01:57 PM about the 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue

Security light came on and it was steady not
blinking, we managed to figure out how to work
around the passlock and it went from steady to
blinking then we managed to get the security to
shut off using the 10 minute trick after that but it
still won't start, just replaced the ignition and still
nothing. What is going on?

150

You didn't specify the car, but it sounds like a GM thing for sure. Crazy as it sounds, it could be your key. If you have the type with the plastic 'chip' thingy in it, it can wear with age and not make contact even with a new IGN switch. Had the same issue with my Buick, if I flip the key over it goes away. Just a thought. Also, if i remember correctly, it takes 3 ten-minute relearn sessions to clear the security light, not just one. I could be wrong, but it only cost you 30 minutes so worth a shot.

Sorry 2002 Oldsmobile intrigue, no chip in the key and i did the 30 minute cycle im at my wits end with this thing.

30

I'm Brad's wife. It's a 2002 old's intrigue and it will NOT start or crank no matter what! We tried the three 10-minute sessions and it did nothing. We replaced ignition module, ignition cylinder, we bypassed security, checked all the wires checked all spark plugs, tried banging on starter, alt is good, starters good, batter is good, she has gas in her, ground wires good. We tried the wait 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes thing with it in the on-start and nothing, it will NOT crank and will NOT start!