2002 Olds Intrigue A/C issue

45

Asked by Jul 31, 2011 at 07:39 PM about the 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue

I Replaced the A/C compressor and drier in my 2002 Olds Intrigue about a month ago. I had  had the lines purged and  recharged the system.

Still the AC doesn't stay on, it shuts down at random. I have to keep hitting the AC button to keep it on.

Compressor is brand new (not a rebuild or from a junker)

Any ideas?

265

If it was a little older I would say that it was the dash unit, they are known for going out.

My 02 Intrigue was doing the same thing. Took it to Buick dealership and had them do an electrical check. Found that the AC control board assembly needed to be replaced. They found new part (not reconditioned) at an out of town dealer. Sent for part. Replaced control board. AC works like a champ.