fuel problem

25

Asked by Jan 31, 2010 at 10:56 PM about the 1990 Nissan 240SX

i got a fuel fuel problem, every time i turn the ignition on, the fuel pump fuse blows right away
any ideas anyone?
the car is a 1990 240sx s13.. pretty much bone stock

35

sounds like a short, am im guessing its a short in the pump and not the wires running to the pump. are you running electric fans off the fuel pump fuse? if so that might be the issue.

35

Check what Gregg said... Sounds like there is a short somewhere. Also, are you putting the right size fuse in it?

25

ok thanks.. yeah thats what i thought, no im not its just the fuel pump on that fuse.

25

no adam... i see a 10A on the lid and im putting a 2 amp in.. duh how dumb do you think i am? im going to school for my mecanics papers

35

figure it out yet??? im still betting on it being the fuel pump itself.

35

damn dude... chill out- you gotta check everything. some dumb ass people put larger ones in so they wont blow.

25

No I have't yet. Have no time lol. I'm hoping to do it tomorrow sometime. Sorry Adam, I'm just a bit stressed out right now about it. It was working fine last summer bur just quit after a swapped a newer motor in it.

35

did you do a dual cam swap?

25

nope.. just from a single to a single.. i want a dual cam though