Car does not start

25

Asked by Jan 12, 2008 at 08:51 PM about the 1991 Nissan Sentra

Battery and alternator are new  Battery cables and posts clean Fuses are intact and not blown Turning the key the is a click (just one click)

FIRST SEE IF YOU ARE GETTING SPARK TO PLUGS,IF SO ,CHECK FOR FUEL,COULD BE A BAD FUELPUMP.

7,535

If you are only getting one "click" check your cables (are they to tight or are they not tight enough) My Aerostar had this issue, and that is all it was, I changed the cable connectors and the problem was fixed. If the car turns over but doesn't start, take Papa's advice and get everything checked. Hope this helps, best of luck.

47,605

Sounds like the starter or starter solenoid is out. I have had several die this way, when you turn the key you get either one click, or nothing.

10

My car is nisssan altima. I have similar issue. It happens once in two months. turning the key do one click. I left my car for two hours, it came up by itself. This happened almost couple of times but once in two months. I called on mechanic two time last time, he touch some wire and said wire was loose. He told me which wire was it and I tried to do the same. Let me see what he says today.

10

The Ford Aerostar starter has pretty cheezy (light} contact points. I just experienced the single "click"/no crank thing the day AFTER having to crank *FOREVER* to get the engine to fire and take off. Replaced the solenoid and "ta-DA!" - good as new. Now, in the midst of a cold snap, my engine will crank but won't fire. I'm beginning to suspect a loose connection/semi-failed fuse link*. *Metal expands when warm and contracts when cool, so a barely open fuse link could close when it's warm and open when it's colder.

20

I have a 91 Nissan Sentra that has the same issue. Because of that issue I was able to purchase the car for $350. A friend with the same car solved the problem...when the key is in the start position, gently push down on the key and the starter will engage. You may have to do this several times to get the hang of it...once you do...like magic...it will start every time.

my 212 nissan sentra wont start not power going, no lights, boosted battery and still nothing.