91' Nissan Pickup door lock question

45

Asked by Feb 02, 2014 at 08:42 PM about the 1991 Nissan Pickup

My doors will not lock from the outside with the key. The interior manual lock works
fine, up and down, but when I use the key on the key hole outside no go. So I took the
door panel off to see what was up. The piece I pulled out was attached to the key
mechanism inside the door, but not to the rod that goes up and down to lock (should
have taken pictures to explain). Anyway, I am really trying to find the replacement part
for this part I took out. Does anyone know?

118,935

Might have to get it from a donor vehicle at a you pull it yard.

21,355

Spray the key holes full of penetrating oil and put on key too. Insert key and work left to tight until it starts working.

45

that is kind of what I was thinking dandyoun. tuff4x4, the problem is not that the key will not turn, it is the actual mechanism inside the door that is attached to the key hole. The photo is of the mechanism. It pulls a rod up and down to lock and unlock. That little white piece slides up and down on this mechanism, and is broken or something and is supposed to attach to the rod that goes up and down to lock and unlock the door.

21,355

Yes and I don't think you can buy just the plastic clips. Like dandy said try the junk yards. You will have to buy the whole mechanism.

Yes, I have the same issue. The outside lock is basically detached from the door because the little plastic clip is broken. I cannot find this online and my experience with donor vehicles is these crappy plastic pieces are usually too brittle or are already broken. I'm hopefully going to be able to buy it from the dealer. Why they used this plastic junk on such an integral part of the truck is beyond me, but it is all over these little trucks.