Brakes and Leaking gas.

25

Asked by Jun 01, 2009 at 07:54 PM about the 1993 Nissan Sentra

I have an automatic 1993 sentra, the car sat for a little more than a year, now that i want to drive it again it has a few problems. One the car leaks gas whenever you turn the key, but not as the car is running, whats that all about? Also the brakes really don't work, the pads are pretty decent as well as the rotors, what could it be? Almost forgot coolant won't get to the radiator for some reason is that the water pump? S.O.S Help please.

8,185

gas will leak as soon as the pump is running, if it stops once the car is running my guess would be that the leak is on the return line if there is one on this car (not too familiar with it). Either way, find and repair the leak. bleed the brakes, likely some air in the system or perhaps a seized caliper, either way, first step is to bleed the brakes. As to the coolant, what do you mean, coolant won't get to the radiator? Are you saying that you're filling the reservoir but the radiator remains low or that your car is overheating and the radiator never gets warm?