first car

5

Asked by May 09, 2009 at 06:01 PM about the 1993 Nissan 240SX

hello everyone i got my 240sx se a while ago and it is my first car ( i do not have full liscnece yet cause i am not of age but i have learners) i have already fixed what was wrong with it (stater and tires), i was wondering what i shoudl look towards getting first, somthing performance cause i am triyn to keep it mainly sleeper and id liek to keep the ka, shoudl i make it a ka-t or no? so if u coudl give me some ideas that would be great oh and price isnt a problem so what ever u guys think would be good to get first

5

its a 1993 hatchback

45

welll first off whats your skill level in the automotive area? i have a link that gives you basically a step by step guide to get 200hp+ out of the stock ka. and with have it is a whole different car. heres the link.

45

http://www.club240.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30440

5

i know what things are but dont know how to put them on, my dad is a mechanic and would be puttin it all on at his shop, and okay thanks

matt, it also depends on how much you want to spend on it. the KA24DET is a great engine, i've kept mine and it's done really well. SEALS!!! start of replacing manifold seals and tightening up the intake. AEM has really good cold air intakes for cheap. scout around junk yards. these cars get impounded all the time...and sent to scrap yards. you can find a lot of sump pans and large fuel injectors if you know where to look.

25

You can get decent power out of the KA! You want to be a sleeper and beat people? Will be a challenge, but fun getting there.

5

i have a 95 sleeper with a ka i went to ams performance and they hooked me up with a setup that can hold over 600hp and im braking in the motor with 14psi and im hitting a little over 350whp with a gt32 turbo so your best bet is call up ams tell them how much power you want