Remove alternator

5

Asked by Jul 24, 2016 at 01:01 PM about the 1990 Ford Probe

I have a 1990 3.0 v6 automatic Probe and I'm trying to get the alternator out.
Are there any simple solutions?

25,225

(1) Disconnect the negative battery cable. (2) Remove the accessory drive belt. Refer to Section 1. (3) Remove and set aside the windshield washer reservoir. (4) Remove the power steering pump reservoir return hose from the pump assembly. (5) Remove the power steering pump high pressure hose from the pump assembly. (6) Remove the upper and middle accessory support bracket mounting bolts. (7) Pull back on the idler tensioner, using a 1 / 2 in. drive breaker bar and remove the lower accessory support bracket mounting bolt. (8) Remove the mounting bolt from the side of the accessory bracket at the air conditioning compressor brace. (9) Raise the alternator/accessory support bracket to clear the engine and set aside carefully to remove the electrical connectors. (10) Disconnect the electrical connectors from the alternator. Place the alternator/accessory support bracket on a bench for alternator removal. (11) Remove the alternator pivot bolt and remove the mounting bolt from the back side of the alternator. Remove the alternator from the accessory

25,225

Here are some pictures:

25,225

another

25,225

and another