1990 ford festiva gear shift is stuck in park??? it's happened before and I swear it was a fuse in some weird location...should have written it down...helpppp!

Asked by Apr 01, 2015 at 02:53 PM about the 1990 Ford Festiva

6,595

check out facebook's fordfestiva.com page or the actual forum, www.fordfestiva.com. I'm guessing it is a relay or fuse. So when you turn the key to ON (not start) and press the brake, does the shifter lock click? I'm guessing it doesn't. I would guess it is up under the dash but I don't have an auto and can't help at the moment. Check out those above pages and please come back and post your fix / additional questions for future help to others. Best regards,

It's your brake light switch. It must be bad. Are your taillights stuck on. When it goes bad the shift lock prevents it from going in and out of gear.