can anyone help with a fuel pump problem on EFI festiva 1990

Asked by Feb 12, 2014 at 06:51 AM about the 1990 Ford Festiva

the fuel pump wont go, it is an EFI, it has been replaced already, there are no blown
fuses, only makes a slight noise when the key is turned off and on. will not pressurise the
injectors.

6,615

Was that all that was done? Is it possible your feed and return lines to the fuel rail are crossed? Can you give some more info on the slight noise? When you turn the key from acc to on, iirc, it should turn on the fuel pump for 2-3 seconds. You may be able to listen yourself kneeling beside your car, just turn off the air and radio before you start or anything that makes noise. Get back with info as to whether or not it is priming when turning the key.

6,615

any updates on this? hope you were able to figure it out and fix it