my escort wont start and the alternator starter battery ignition cylinoid and plugs and wires. are new. anyone know what is wrong with it. 1990 ford escort 4dr hatchback wagon

35

Asked by Apr 17, 2010 at 02:21 AM about the 1990 Ford Escort

i replaced all that and it still wont start. i cant even push start it. it been doing it since i flushed radiator and refilled it. also the battery is getting drained and it is a brand new battery.

my wagon would not start yesterday, i had to replace the coil ($15 at junkyard) however it only got me a few miles before not starting again. so im back to trouble shooting again today. looking foreward to hear what you come up with!

try haveing the crank position sensor replaced,bad coil as other poster said,but sounds like his cps may be bad also.

have you had the timing belt checked? its on the passenger side behind the plastic cover where the water pump sits.

try the ignition control module as well