My Mitsubishi Eclipce 1992 run badly on idle..

Asked by Jul 09, 2013 at 03:49 PM about the 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Good day.

Have an MITSUBISHI ECLIPCE 1992, with an DOHC  2,0 liter atmosfer / bread engine.
Manual transmission.
The engine run VERY BAD on idle, and stop,s all the time.
The only way to avoid the idle stop, are to use the throttle, and compensate for the rpm
When run on road speec, the engine runs quite good, or acceptable.
Don,t know where to look , and cannot get the car thru the regular Swedish government  
yearly inspection.
Until this problems are solved I are forbidden to drive with the car !!!
Can anybody help, where to  look ?

Bad as the car are nice to drive, and I have spent a lot of cash for to make the car nice.

Thank,s for all advices.

here are some choices for a new IAC~

Must be an Idle Air Control...okay maybe a throttle position sensor...but you could get your trouble codes from a scanner on amazon for less than twenty dollars, plug it onto that wonky plug (26 pins or something) that says "diagnostic" this little goodie will tell you if it is the IAC or the TPS...but would not tell you a vacuum leak...that one you'd have to see which device is inoperative, then replace butyl rubber vacuum lines with silicone vacuum lines that will never age or crack~

Gates or summitracing~

when a fuel pressure regulator's vacuum hose leaks, the gas supply will be diminished...more vacuum=more gasoline...but if it is leaking vacuum not only will the motor run leaner and/or die all the time, but the regulation of the regulator will be inoperative and NOT supplying the correct amount of gas....just one horror story of inoperative fuel pressure regulators that may or may not apply~

The police Intreceptors switch these hoses to silicone....nothin' but the best for our MEN In 1993, when my co-horts were less than moral would switch the vacuum hoses on the BMW's that would come in for a smog check with the cheap-o black rubber ones, then keep the silicone ones for themselves....damn sometimes a right guy just ain't right~

I guess that's why they call it www, for World Wide Web. A guy in Sweden asking in English about a Japanese car. Way cool.

hey, you're right H25...our cargurus seem to be spread all over the and I and one other guy Michael (the tattoo artist) I think are in California (or maybe he was NM) bunch of those guys are on the east coast time zone Tutty is a Candian...PROUD of that guy~...but we are everywhere...pontificatin' to those who will listen~

one of us was from is a different country all together...Us Californians do not realize that we have landed in paradise (compared to the other 48).....okay there is a certain fascination with Alaska...but we shall not go there~....literally~

Astounded....H25, every day is a beautiful Sunny day....EVERY DAY....back in Beertown (Milwaukee) there was maybe 3 months of short-sleeve weather...then....sometimes would stay below zero for two weeks at a time...NO livin' car battery likes these low temps....a lot of people would bring their battery into the house with them so the car would start....the engine always sounded like it had Honey for oil, and the transmission stick would barely move at those low temps...Frost would grace all visible surfaces unless the Defroster was used and the rear one too---times were tough....that place sucks~

Michael Tutty lives in Canada...the home of the "Alberta Clipper" which would shut down the entire city, then you'd try to find your car...then just when you've extracted it, snow plows would plow it back in with dirty close to the ground snow and salt for your car to be extracted from once more...imagine a job interview....but you were runnin' late is tough there...people are belligerent there to a Carmel- Colored boy with Multiple Sclerosis~

of course in Sweden there is probably forty different names for types of snow and below zero temps go with the territory....and it ain't California~

I imagine that I would drink myself in to oblivion there, or to quote Mike Tyson: "I guess I will just fade away in to Bolivian"

OK guys ! Thank,s for all advices . Will tow the Eclipse to a workshop in the spring, as I are in Malaysia in my boat, and sailing ! A lot of snow and reindeer,s here in Northern Sweden, the cold Lappland. Cheer,s Hans Sweden Malaysia