1993 mitsubishi 3000 gt good or bad car?

45

Asked by May 29, 2009 at 08:11 PM about the 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT

45

bad... very bad

45

what's bad about it? jw

10

i had a 93 3000GT, i loved that car.. pimp ride. but i did sell it after getting a 99 eclipse GSX...

10

you dont know shit about shit.

Is it a vr-4?

15

It all depends on whether or not its a VR 4. i wouldn't mess with it otherwise unless you want a slow car. If its a VR 4 Its twin turbo all wheel drive

35

My buddies that drive them(1 twin turbo,other no turbo)have had nothing but trouble with them.Both are sticks and they keep losing 1-2-3 gears and the turbo spins bearing(bought car for 6k and currently put 14k+ in it)For the money I'd look for a nice third gen camaro with the engine hopped up

45

I had a neighbor who had a v4r he never drove it because it constantly broke down and yes, the non vr4 is slow so unless you are sold on the looks of the 3000 gt and don't care about performance you shouldn't get one at all.

65

Well I have to say I don't know if you know anything about cars but turbos don't spin bearings. Engines do... And how do you lose gears? You mean he is shattering the transmission? Unless your car is over 500 whp or you don't know how to drive I don't see how either of these are a problem.

65

So simple answer is any car can be reliable or trash depending on who maintained it. If it is a VR4 there are several things you should know before buying the car. 1. The engine bay is cramped as hell, which makes working on your car very difficult 2. Modifications on your car is expensive 3. The All Wheel Steering tends to break, so its typical to remove the system. But I had a VR4 it was at 210k when I sold it.

105

Great for a 20 year old car. Can't beat the performance value for the money. Maintenance costs are not low, but I don't think it's any worse than any other twin turbo V6 AWD car around, with an easy 400-500bhp potential.

45

Ok so lets break it down. 3000gt is a DSM, Based of a Mini-Van Chassis, Its very heavy. Its Japanese Twin is the FTO. Now the car itself as Jason sayed, Very Cramp to work on which in terms to translate, More cost on Labor if you dont work on cars your self. Modification done correctly are very expensive. Alot shit to go wrong, because its 20 years old and all electronics. But lets look at the highlights, Vr4 Faster then an R33 Gtr in a straight line. Alot of car for under 10k Your gf going think its exotic. Good amount of aftermarket support. Non Vr4, Cool looking paper wieght Your Gf still going to think its exotic. Thats about it. So if you really like the look of a 3000gt, Think do I have the time and resources to maintain it. And think dodge steath looks very simliar and half the price. I could do a fender swap, and no one be the wiser. And I just realize I wasted alot of time on a 2 year old comment.

20

are you kidding me? its such a blunt question. anyone can say yes or no. do your research,and come up with your own decision. thats like me asking. is blue a nice color?