HELP 1994 Mitsubishi Galant won't start.

10

Asked by Oct 10, 2010 at 05:55 PM about the 1994 Mitsubishi Galant

I have a 1994 Mitsubishi Galant. And first off it was runing fine beside's the loud squeeling noise especially when I  would turn on the A/C.. I was told that I'm going to be needing a water pump because it was going out. So a friend starting taking it apart to fix the water pump, however he did not get that far before realizing that he may not be able to finish the job. At this point all he has taken off is the A/C compressor and belt The parts by the alternator. The first top belt that you first see. And so he put that back on and now the car doesn't start at all. I gave it a jump ( long jump) an it finally turn's over but still does not start. Lights and radio comes on and it turns over but don't start. Then later goes back dead again . PLEEAASEE HELLPP!! Thanks.

35

Have you checked to see if you are getting spark to all the plugs? Also, is fuel flowing to the rails? If you have spark and fuel, are you sure he did not get any farther, or possibly mess with the timing belt to throw the cam timing off? What was the reason behind him not finishing the job? did he possibly reak something in the process of the job? the more details you can give us the better we can all help you resolve the issue here

10

no havent checked to see if they wer or not. but i will do that very next i will reserch tonight on how to do it. I dont no if fuel is flowin to the rails. how would i no ? Thats what i keep hearin it may be the timeing but he never touch the timeing belt. never even took that cover off. He didnt finish because it go dark an he never came back to finish. so i just told him to put what he had takein off back together. witch was just the belt an ac compressor. i no it ran afterwards. i drove it. it was just the next day for some reason it would not crank at all. wut i believe so far is wut ever he did that day he worked on it, is makein the batery drain to nothin. because its dead and when we charge it turns over. but it want start up. it just goes run run run run. and nothin!!

75

check if the belt on the alternater is back on if it is then check if its even tightened to spec's. if that's not the problem check the connector on the alternator if its plugged in and also check if the cable going from the alternater to the battery is connected. when you check let the battery be on a trickle charger over night (make sure its one of those that automatically shuts off when its done charging)