problem with a car that im looking forward to buying

35

Asked by Oct 16, 2009 at 06:13 PM about the 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse

im looking for a car to buy, there is a 1997 mitsubishi eclipse for sale for $300, only problem is it wont run... the enginge doesnt have over 140,000 miles on it, but i was wondering what could the problem be? would this make a great project car for me and my dad since i want to go into the automotive career industry? could anyone help me? are there any questions i should ask the seller of the car?   

thanks

25

Ask why it doesn't run. If it's because of flood damage or fire damage, skip it. If it's something mechanical, odds are you can fix it. For $300, it's worth a gamble! If it's not fixable, you can donate it to a charity and take a $500 deduction. You'd make money!

125

I agree. It sounds like its deff worth 300 bucks. If it was me I would go for it. You would at least have a parts car if you decide to buy another eclipse instead.

95

id say it would be a great project i got my 96 about a year ago and it had blown head gascet but we fixed it and so far it has been a great projecti have learned a great deal by working on this car and would probly be able to fix anything that went wrong

5

hay was it siting for a long time the enginges in thes cars are known four crank lock