Air Filter

45

Asked by Oct 07, 2010 at 11:34 AM about the 1991 Ford Festiva

Hi Dudes i have a festiva 1991 and i want to know what i should do for install a street airfilter on it ìve hear somewere i need sum kind of special sensors but you guys as owners of fiestas knows more about it.  cya greetings from the  West Side yeah!

no special sensors needed,just replace the air filter,if you want a good one,go with K&N.

105

If you're referring to the air filter, nothing special is required. Chances are, you are talking about wanting a street intake, in which case you're pretty much stuck. Festivas have what is called a 'Vane Air Flow Sensor' (VAFs) whereas most vehicles have Mass Air Flow Sensors(MAFs). There is no easy conversion from a VAF to a MAF. The late 80's fox-body 5.0 Mustangs had the VAFs and there was (supposedly) a conversion system created for those, but unless you find a MAF that produces the same amperages as your VAF depending on the air taken in, it will be practically impossible. Personally, I've found aspires with the same B3 motor, with MAFs, but I haven't found any correlation between the readings.