Ford Bronco starts but then dies

Asked by May 15, 2014 at 03:18 PM about the 1991 Ford Bronco

will start up then dies, can keep it running by pumping the foot pedal, changed fuel filter, did not help, the fuel pump comes on and then shuts off like normal.
could this be the throttle positioner??? or fuel pump??
Not sure how much pressure the pump is putting out.

115

to me, that seems like the pump if youve already replaced the filter, my suggestion is look to the right of your engine for a twist off top that looks like a tire air cover, undo that and use a screw driver and push down on it. if it spits out a lot of gas then that might rule out the pump. Youre engine could have gunk built up in it as well and its not able to make the explosions needed to stay alive, check your spark plugs as well