my broken steering wheel

465

Asked by Sep 06, 2008 at 08:05 PM about the 1991 Ford Aerostar

I have a 1991 ford aerostar and the top part of the steering wheel is bent. I don't know how to fix it without
getting a new steering wheel. can you help me?

680

Well, you could take it off of the column and put it in a benchvise to keep it still while you pry it back into shape. I think if you have any junkyards around you should just go get a used one.

465

Thank you very much for the help with my steering wheel. I guess I could go to the junk yard and get a new one but there is one problem. My van has cruise control and I don't want to end up getting a new steering wheel and finding out that the steering wheel doesn't have the plugs for the cruise control. Thanks for the help. (PS I don't really have a 1991 ford aerostar, I just have the steering wheel that I am trying to restore back to mint condition because all my other steering wheels are in mint condition. sorry for the inconvenience. don't take it personally.)