Need an excuse

10

Asked by Oct 03, 2015 at 05:18 AM about the 1993 Mercury Cougar

I have an apartment I'm getting and it's 67
miles away from work... so I found a better
job and had an interview. I told work my
1993 mercury cougar xr7 wouldnt start.
They know I'm smart enough to figure out if
it was the battery. Any way me and my mom
switched cars for now, but when I start
driving it again.... I have some noisy  people
at work that have some car smarts. Need a
good excuse.

10

This is EtchJimBob. I was sick the same week so I had car trouble. Plus I'm driving my mom's car cause she works at a dealership and when ever she needs a car they just let her use one

223,715

Just not starting is a good excuse, so was it the battery?

20,985

Have your Mom write you an excuse- then grow up and get a good car to get to work- nobody wants to hear your drama-

10

Can a starter just randomly die. I mean with my experience they start acting up before. I was thinking I could say it was a censor of some kind idk. Guess I'll go with starter. I think I'm thinking too much into my fake story

148,925

Yes a starter can die suddenly with no symptoms beforehand You are are asking us to assist you on how to lie for not showing up for work - -- and you mama can get a car anytime from the dealer...

Best Answer
10

I speared you most of the story. My manager is car smart and nosy. He also knows I can tear down an engine. So when the ass hole gets back from Vaca I'm going with starter died randomly and due to it dieing with no warning signs I was not smart enough to tap it or replace it myself because I didn't know a starter could die instantly without warning.

10

Then I water for Tom to toe me to my mother's work cause I'm cheap so I could get half price on service pick her car up and that's why I was lait. When I really just took her car to an interview then when to work.

10

I'd like to hide the. Truth from work as long as posible cause I'm moving out and I don't want to spend 500 on fuel a month driving to work. The city is full of jobs. They will be upset I'm leaving and will try to stop me cause I'm valuable.

148,925

Thank you for the 'best answer' click - really- it's a compliment-- but don't flatter yourself. You can be replaced

10

Not easily. But yes I can. So I need to be careful. I've had two interviews and I'd like to set up two more but it might be too risky thanks for the advise

148,925

It's my attitude that anybody can be replaced. Nothing personal my friend. Cool?

61,325

The "car broke down" excuse will usually only work for 1 day. After that everyone knows what you're doing. Lying. You can always rent a car while yours is being fixed. Everyone knows that! Don't kid yourself, like Fordnut said, everybody and anybody can be replaced. Even the President of The United States. So in this economy I'd watch my step if I were you. Jobs aren't easy to come by! HTH. -Jim