How do I wire in new ground and power wires from battery to starter

Asked by Feb 02, 2014 at 03:11 AM about the 1993 Mercury Cougar

Someone cut the power and ground
wires on my 93 mercury cougar and I
have no Idea what wire goes where. I
tried to follow the wires but they are
cut at both ends I need a picture of
what goes where

5

ground wire go to one of starter bolts, and positive wire main fuse box and alternator

1,435

On Fords there are normally 3 cables. One from the positive battery terminal to the starter relay. One from the relay to the starter motor itself, and a negative cable from the battery to the engine block. The negative mount to the block on a pad below number one spark plug. It is easy to get to from under the car. Remember when you connect the cables, the negative batter cable is the LAST connection you make. You will then have to teach the computer to run the car. If you have air conditioning that works, this takes 20 minutes as outlined in the owner's manual. Start the car in park, a/c off, and let it idle for 5 minutes. Put the car in gear and idle 5 minutes. Put it back in park, turn the a/c on, idle 5 minutes, the in drive, a/c on for 5 minutes. Don't be surprised if it does stall a time or two with the a/c going. That is normal.

Wow Mike thank u I am struggling to find where if connects to the engine block my car has trouble running has killed a brand new battery and an alternator and the only inline fuse is fine so I am thinking i t has to be a bad ground