My anti-lock brake will blink 5 times then just stay on

Asked by Feb 12, 2017 at 07:21 PM about the 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis

My 94 Grand Marquis LS the airbag light
stays on flashing and my anti-lock brakes
will flash 6 times then stay on is this
something I can fix fairly easy asking for
help sincerely

76,335

No this would not be an easy fix. Should take it to a trusted garage for repairs.

, is this something that is urgent or can I live with it don't want to spend anymore on this old car I thank you so very very much for your input you guys are all also sincerely stupid when it comes to cars that's why God made man isn't haha thank you once again

76,335

If you are not having a braking issue then you would be ok to drive it. Working on a ABS system, you need to know what to look for and what to do in order to fix something that is wrong. Just not suggested for your own safety not to work on something like this, if you have no experience with brake systems. So god must have made women to question are judgment, keep us in check...lol.

I have been driving it like this since I got it I have no problems with stopping thank you for your answer what would I do without you guys. God made women to cook haha God all of us you have a beautiful day and thank you again

I had new brakes new brake calipers new brake drums and had all of the brake lines checked and new brake fluid put in it that's why I'm asking I don't I don't want to put anymore men to this car so much for my good deal but it does Drive good thank you once again till the next time I have a question

Money on this card not men, the car is a hooptie I'm not a hooker sorry about the spelling

76,335

So, yes, you will be fine with the brakes. There is a slight problem with the ABS system. There are ways to check for a code, it's a little more difficult on your year car since it is a 1994 and has a OBD1 computer in it. Most people do not have a scanner to read OBD1 codes. Here is an example of what may be causing the air bag light.... "There is no code 15 but there was a popular code 51 for the internal fuse being blown and the short to ground no longer being present. If the short to ground returns the code will change to 13 (air bag circuit shorted to ground) or 14 (primary crash sensor circuit shorted to ground) but it will only flash 13 or 14 when the short is present. If it is code 51, then first find and repair the short before replacing the diagnostic monitor (what many call the air bag module). If you're positive the code is 15, then the only possibility is the alternative reference which makes it the equivalent to C1414 of the modern system which is for incorrect module configuration. Earlier diagnostic monitors use a combinations of powers, grounds, and open circuits at three specific pins to determine if it is in the correct vehicle. If that's the case, a wiring issue could be the cause." I hope you realize what I originally was getting at. Any more questions you want to ask this man, feel free too, happy to help.