If the rear brakes are not set up right and the emergency brake was not reset correctly could that make your emergency brake not work right?

Asked by Sep 13, 2016 at 07:35 PM about the 1995 Mercury Tracer

77,925

Yep

9,390

Brake job needs to be completed. Rear brakes need to be adjusted and the e-brake will work fine. If you do not know how to do brakes have some one help you or tow to a shop.

10

I had a similar situation when I did my rear brakes, the adjusters were completely frozen from accumulated corrosion. The adjusters had to be completely disassembled and cleaned & lubed before they would move freely. Now the e-brake works

9,390

Best in this case to buy a full rebuild kit. Some areas with bad climates and salt on the roads or dirty conditions it better safe than sorry when it come to brakes but can soak some of the metal only parts that corrode in apple cider vinegar and use a soft bristle brush to clean up.