I replaced the fuel pump and filter the ignition sensor and my car engine still continues to stall out 5 to 8 times a week and have to let it sit 30 minutes to 2 hrs before it starts confused

John Abdo

Asked by Jun 14, 2015 at 07:54 PM about the 1995 Mercury Sable

John Abdo

Have none

"Have none" what? Engine light on or stored trouble codes? Please explain what you mean by "Ignition Sensor", I never hear of such a part on any car. Need a little better description in order to help you properly. Some things you can check in the meantime though are: 1) Thoroughly check your battery and charging system, to make sure the battery is between 12.5 and 14 volts and that it holds the charge. Any autoparts store like Autozone etc change can put a load tester on your battery and tell you if it is weak or bad after you check the voltage with a meter. Your alternator could also be going bad and not maintaining the proper electrical output to the battery when under a full engine load. 2) trace all the cables in your engine compartment to find all the grounded connections and clean & re- tighten them. You would be amazed at how badly slight fluctuations can make a car do strange things. After you do these things (and have a parts store also check for trouble codes), post the results here so we can continue. It could also be a bad throttle body or fuel injector or sensor of some type in the fuel or computer control system.