bog problem

65

Asked by Nov 20, 2010 at 11:05 PM about the 1996 Mercury Cougar

i have a 1996 mercury cougar and when i start it if i dont let it sit for ten or so minutes it will bog and die out i  think it might be my egr valve but not sure any input would be helpful

Change your fuel filter, if you think your EGR is bad take it off, and clean it with carb. cleaner, then replace. look under hood and you will see a grey box with plugs on both ends mounted right at AC, this controls your ignition. It is a ignition modgel when they go bad this will happen, and replace. Also, in a full tank of gas pour in a can of sefoam fuel injector cleaner, this will clean your injectors.

65

Allways start from the front and work your way to the back. I allso had the same problem I started with the PC Valve than went to the air filter to doing a ture-up with plugs and wires then I found the problem with the colyepack by the front of the engine. Good Luck I hope for the best.

that is coilpak