How do I disable the alarm on my 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis so I can start my car?

Asked by Mar 02, 2014 at 12:32 AM about the 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis

I have a 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis, it's been sitting for about a month now, and the battery died.  I have a jumper pack and when I hook it up everything works fine (radio, lights, etc.) but as soon as I turn the key to the run position, the alarm goes off.  As long as I keep the key in the run position the alarm continues, then a couple second break, then continues, and the car won't even try to start.  I tried unlocking the driver door, passenger door, and trunk with the key (it's the fat black security chip one) which I was told should disable the system, but no luck.  Any help would be much appreciated, I can't take it to get it looked at since I can't get it started.  I had the fob and hitting the unlock button used to disarm it but I can't find the fob and I've looked EVERYWHERE.

No offense or derogatory statement intended but you will find that moat of us here on this forum will not advise on how to defeat a security or safety device. If it is an OEM alarm system your local Ford, Lincoln, Mercury dealer can help you (but by your description, I don't think it is). If it's aftermarket, there's no telling what needs to be done to correct the concern. My apologies.

None taken, thanks for letting me know, it's really weird and I feel like the same thing happened a while ago but I don't remember how I fixed it. I did think of one thing, do the security chip keys run on a battery that might need to be replaced? Maybe it's not sending the signal to the alarm system because of that... I'll try calling the dealership too.

You sound stupid, Tracy. If a person needs help they need help. The fact that a negative path to walk down came into your mind because of this question says way more about you than the OP.

IwiLLoften - OK Troll: As a licensed and ASE Master Certified technician that's been in the field for 30+ years - I know what the Hell I'm talking about. I'm sorry that you can't tell the difference between straight-forward advice and sarcasm. You need counseling.