Is the serpentine belt the same as the alternator belt is it just another name for the alternator belt


Asked by Apr 10, 2014 at 10:19 PM about the 1999 Mercury Villager

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

1 Answer


Technically, it's known as a FEAD belt (Front Engine Accessory Drive belt). People call it a serpentine because it can make turns between pulleys and use both sides of the belt. Yes, it's just another name for an Alternator belt.

3 of 3 people found this helpful.
Best Answer Mark helpful

Your Answer

Mercury Villager Experts

  • #1
    Tom Demyan
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Nissan Quest
100 Great Deals out of 2,928 listings starting at $2,500
Used Toyota Sienna
495 Great Deals out of 23,836 listings starting at $999
Used Dodge Caravan
567 listings starting at $1,949
Used Mercury Grand Marquis
25 Great Deals out of 1,707 listings starting at $800
Used Toyota Camry
1,050 Great Deals out of 87,034 listings starting at $1,296

Used Cars For Sale

2002 Mercury Villager For Sale
25 listings starting at $1,795

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.