1999 Mercury Villager Wont Start

Asked by Jul 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM about the 1999 Mercury Villager

Before my car die it started and as i put it into drive everything just shut off. Thought it was the starter so took the starter to check and it was bad so i got a new starter and now it is still not starting. It click but every time it start it will lock, the battery seem to be drain out so we had to jump start it but it is still dead. We had this person came and check it before i replace my starter and he said it was the fuel pump but as check fuel was still coming but seem like none is coming back out.I am out of idea what it could be anyone know what else could be the problem? Btw we check the spark plug wire everything spark.

...well the starter might be fresh...but your battery should be newer than five years old....buy a new battery...a good one like an Interstate or NAPA...then the connection from the black 1/0 battery cable to the ground point...frame/chassis/fender needs to be made shiny with a coarse wirebrush to let the 300 or so amps through....here and at the connection to the motor (near the alternator) all with the punchy 1/0 cable that can provide the amperage~

TI just bought the battery this year so I don't think it could be the battery. But I'll go check if the battery is still good. Btw the car engine is 22xxxx mile.

Well regardless. the date of it's first charge will be in knock-off tabs on the top of the battery~ even if it's blowin' the blues should be able to turn the startermotor around with perhaps 300 cold cranking amps...you gotta have the amperage...man~

i have a 99 villager estst one day run good then aftewr about one hr it back fire or miss start running shity and shut off,some time it would start up,but most time it would start 45mins later it start up do same thing in about same amout of time,my buddy took stribater out marked it and now it don't have any spark,what can it be