Car runs in park & neutral, and will go in reverse, but everytime I put it in drive, it dies. its a 1995 Mazda Protege with over 200,000 miles.

15

Asked by Jan 14, 2014 at 09:45 PM about the 1995 Mazda Protege

sounds like a vacuum leak...perhaps a modulator on the transmission or a smog device...anyways these black ones are made from chewing gum and coal tar...and frankly will crack and take on oil and bloat....or get mummified into the position they're at....in that light change each and every vacuum tube with silicone rubber vacuum lines...take them one at a time until all are done...get a small spool of it...kind-0-'spensive, but worth every penny~

all police cars and BMW and Mercedes use Silicone as an OEM out the garage standard...I don't wonder why....the ones that you were given were designed to live for ten years....they've lived a full life now and need replacement~

15

Im sorry Roy but its all jiberish to me. Yes im just a silly female that does know a little about my car but it is my only transporation and even called Auto Zone and they didnt have a clue.

mmmm, your silly self---you know what a vacuum line looks like? I believe AutoZone has the silicone vacuum lines...but you have to ask for them and they are ten times more expensive....jibberish?...huh, so what did you need this advise for? funzies~ I'll still try to help you with your car....dunno how tho~