wanted to buy a 1995 millenia but the guy says somethings wrong with it and couldn't find the problem on dignostic have u heard this before it just doesn't pick up when driven it

Asked by mymy2004 Apr 17, 2008 at 08:40 PM about the 1995 Mazda Millenia

car doesn't pick up even when you step on it have you heard of this before dignostic didn't come up with nothing it only has 67,000 miles the guy i was going to buy it from says he can't find the problem

74,915

Could be a bad transmission, clogged catalytic convertor, etc.

45

you have a vacume leak that is loosing either A) the presure that goes to a sensor to tell the ECU what to do or you could even be loosing BOOST either way you wave alot of little hosing to go through to find the leaky culpret got to Mazdaworld.net to find the answer to all your millenia problems. hey if you want i could sell you mine it is a 95 with the same problem.

5

Whoever had the car before was running regular grade gasoline in it; it needs at least 91 octane. I just bought one that did the same thing (and the same thing would happen in my Olds Aurora if I put regular in it), I just ran 93 in it along with some fuel system cleaner (Lucas brand), changed the O2 sensor and the plugs and its fine. I got it for $3000 because it didn't run right and it only had 64,000 on it. Fresh gas, fresh electrical, and now it runs like a raped ape.

345

The type of gas won't make a difference, I have a 98 Millenia and just use regular. My car runs like a top. These cars had a distributor problem that sometimes is very intermitant. Another thing to try is a fuel injection cleaning. Not just adding the shit to your tank but doing a total intake and pcv and injector cleaning. Some shops have an injector cleaning machine. I did this on my other car and it restored it's performance.