alarm,and starter problems

Asked by Aug 31, 2009 at 09:44 PM about the 2002 Mazda Protege5

my problems: my p5 WONT START w/ignition key. i have to jump the starter to get my car runing.good starter,new battery.now when i connect my battery terminals my alarm turns on and stays on until i disconnect them.my alarm is not aftermarkett, is from mazda factory.please help i need this car to work.thanx anybody.my remote alarm key has a new battery but it does not work .it seems to me like the kill switch is on but there is no kill switch anywhere.does the alarm needs to be reprogrammed?

45

hmmm, didn't know there was a factory alarm for the P5?!?!?! Must be an aftermarket installed at the dealer, as far as I can see. but if it was indeed a factory alarm system, all you would have to do is hook the battery back up and unlock the drivers door or the passengers door with the key to disarm it. can you post a pic of the remote? that may help in identifing the type of system.