Linkage Stuck in reverse

20

Asked by Dec 17, 2015 at 01:59 PM about the 1993 Ford Festiva

How to replace shifter plate and a picture of
it

845

Please be more specific. Are you talking about the plate under the actual shifter or something on the manual transmission. if it is the plate remove the trim around the shifter boot, pull the boot up toward the shifter knob, and this will expose the bolts holding down the plate. Sorry no pics.

20

Inside manuel transmission

845

Taking apart a manual transmission is difficult and requires special tools and knowledge. Are you going to attempt the repair yourself? I am assuming the shift linkages have been checked?

845

I had a discussion with someone in Australia recently whose Ford Festiva was having similar problems. I had advised them to find a good used transmission from the junkyard. Much less expensive then having it repaired.

20

I'm just doing the research for it

7,715

LOL festiva / aspire / pride / WB / 121 - non-electric trans are pretty simple and don't require the tools you would think they do. Check out www.fordfestiva.com. Is your shifter plate falling down through the floor? My buddy skeeters_keeper (I think that's his board name) on FF made a fix / writeup. There is also tons of other info and very helpful folks that might know very specifically what you speak of. It's a great forum, let them know Walth sent you ;)