cant get reverse on my festiva but goes foward in all gears

Asked by Dec 14, 2015 at 08:33 PM about the 1993 Ford Festiva

745

Automatic or manual trans???

Hi Manual 5 speed 1997

Sorry 1999

745

i am not aware of a Festiva sold in the US in 99. That being said, manual transmissions are very expensive to repair. The best bet is picking up a used one at a junkyard and having it installed. You should check and make sure that both shift rods/cables are attached at the transmission. I have seen similar vehicles with a loose shift rod...

Thank you I am in Australia maybe that's why a 1999 model, do u have a u tube link that shows me this to check before I go and seek gearbox?

745

No i was checking with Alldata PRO for the lever info. it is copyrighted so its not linkable. To check the rods/cables have someone move the shifter,ENGINE OFF, to make sure they are connected. The reverse linkage is on the rear of the transaxle on the transmission side of the engine compartment. The are ford festiva forums on the internet but you have to register to view them. Just google...Best of luck.