I'm boring the block on my festiva .010 to .020. Can I keep original pistons and get oversized rings?

Asked by Sep 18, 2014 at 08:04 PM about the 1993 Ford Festiva

6,725

I was waiting for others to respond but here goes. You can try it but you might have some issues: 1. Were the rings stuck/rusted in place to begin with? Causing issues in the bore? 2. Have you thought of doing a ball hone (30-35 bucks) and simple to use and effective on cross hatch. 3. At .010 you might be okay.. not sure. At .020 I don't know what effects you will have with the wiggle room for the pistons at thousands of rpm. 4. Ring gap too big may result in hesitation 5. May also have oil consumption issues (can be costly over time and worth doing it right) 6. Any effect that has to cat and emissions. I had to retype this and I think I got everything.. Keep me posted on what you plan to do. You can also check with wwwDOTfordfestivaDOTcom and ask around.

6,725

Any updates to your project? What did you decide? Need any other input?