ford festiva 1988 to 1993?

Asked by Dec 11, 2012 at 10:18 PM about the 1993 Ford Festiva

I Own a ford festiva year 1988 there is a black ford festiva year 1993 up for grabs on criags list it has a rod knock so its real cheap ... my car has a 4 speed manual carb his car is a 5 speed manual fuel injected... can i put my block in his shell with his fuel injected head on there with no issues?

6,855

yes. that swap will work no problem. I would recommend doing a leak down on his engine to see if you have any compression or valve issues before you tear your engine apart. Do a vacuum test while it is running and see if that tells you anything as to how it is running. And if you keep his trans in the car, I would recommend only pulling the engine. I find it to be much easier, the car can still be moved and is a lot less work! If you'd like more info, ask here or check out the forum, www.fordfestiva.com regards,