SQUEALING NOISE WHEN TURNING WHEEL TO RIGHT??? PLEASE HELP!!??

Asked by Apr 01, 2012 at 05:22 AM about the 2003 Mazda Protege

I have a 2003 Protege, and just recently there has been a squealing noise which could be described like the belt.  The belt is fine, so i thought maybe something was damaged or something due to it raining all last week.  No rain now, just hot sun and now noise.  Its loud and annoying coming from under the hood area.  It does it sometimes-more so than not when first starting up the car and continues on for maybe 3-5 minutes.  And during those 3-5 minutes it does it louder or more noticeably when turning right or turning the wheel into the right direction.  Than after 5 minutes or so the noise will go away.  Can someone please help me figure this out....Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

Also- as a side question, where can i find cheap parts for 2003 Mazda Protege in the Dallas, TX area or online that's trustworthy? I need a front bumper, hood, passenger headlight and passenger fender.  Thanks

12,655

Your belt is loose. It squeals more when cold because the steering fluid is thicker. As the fluid warms up there is less friction and the pump turns easier putting less tension on belt.

255

first thoughts are glazed belt or loose belt but also could be a clutch fan going bad,check tightness of belt and squirt some WD-40 on the belt if that takes the sound away you`ve found the problem,if not could also be a bearing going out in one of your pulleys.

95

car-parts.com is a good place to find parts for any car. A lot of parts places and salvage yards post their parts and you can even find out how far away the specific part is.