Would a 350V8 engine from a 1996 Suburban fit in a 1969 C10 stepside pick up w/out modifications?

Asked by Nov 01, 2011 at 11:58 AM about the 1969 Chevrolet C/K 10

Hi. I am from the Philippines. I recently saw a 1969 Chevrolet C10 Stepside pickup for sale. Thing is it comes with a fitted Nissan RD28 engine. i said I wanted the original engine back which I think would really be a blessing If found and can be bought back. The owner said he is willing to give me his 1996 350ci suburban engine. True?  From what he said it will fit the 1969 C10 w/out modifications...just bolt on etc. Is there a big difference between the two engines? Accg to him this engine is now fitted with a carburator instead.  Will the cars value go down if I accept the suburban engine?

125

The 350 will easily fit in the bay of a 69 C10 P/U. As for a direct bolt on,unlikely. I am sure the Nissan block and Chevy block will have different motor mounts but it's an easy fix to swap out the mounts. Another thing you may want to look at will be the tranny crossmember, that will most likely need replacing also. The 350 having a carb is no big deal,your gas mileage won't be as good as a fuel injected motor but that can also be fixed rather easily. The car value will not go down but won't increase greatly by the swap either, honestly in my opinion a chev truck should have a chev heartbeat (motor).

it should fit right in . the big difference is that all the 96 engine bolt treads are metric & the 69 is american standard . do dot try to put a bolt from one engine to another.