Have a 62 C-10 wit a 327 in it,would like to make it automatic.What size trans should i get?

Asked by Jun 18, 2015 at 03:31 AM about the 1962 Chevrolet C/K 10

Question type: Car Customization

trying to change my manual trans to an automatic

4 Answers


88-93 model. 700r4 trans.

1 out of 1 people think this is helpful.

Thanks a bunch bezekiel88!,,Do you by any chance know what type of gear kit/shifter i would have to use? or what cars i could take it from if i were to buy at wrecking yard? Don't know if i am saying it correctly not sure what to call it :)


I would say off the top of my head a turbo-hydro 350 trans, stock & very common. And or a TH-400 is better, use a shift kit & higher rpm stall speed convertor. A TH-400 in my sb Chevy truck shown. It shifts hard & "chirps" the tires between gear shits.

1 out of 1 people think this is helpful.
Best Answer

Thank you James, if i were to go with the 700r4 would i still be able to go with the TH-400?

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

C/K 10

Looking for a Used C/K 10 in your area?

CarGurus has 276 nationwide C/K 10 listings starting at $19,900.


Search Chevrolet C/K 10 Questions

Chevrolet C/K 10 Experts

#1 CaptPKelly
Reputation 550
#2 John Carson
John Carson
Reputation 300
#3 Rowefast
Reputation 260
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Ford F-100
172 listings
Used Chevrolet Impala
799 Great Deals out of 34,708 listings starting at $799
Used Chevrolet Corvette
202 Great Deals out of 20,888 listings starting at $4,993