how can i remove passenger seat in lincoln mark 7 when it wont go back to allow access to bolts.

Asked by Mar 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM about the 1991 Lincoln Mark VII

I am having a really hard time removing the passenger seat in my Lincoln mark 7 (1991)
the power seat wont go forward or back and I cant get to the front left floor bolt at all. Is there a way to manually make the seat move or other idea?   HELP

check the fuses...perhaps there is a blown fuse on the electric seat-....I mean you could undo the connector, and 'goose' the seat forward with a 12v supply, but if you are able to do it correctly, you should.

The first step is to make certain u have power going to that seat. If other parts are moving you probably have power. If not, you got to get power. As previous author said, see if there is a blown fuse. If there is power but seat just won't move in one direction, then probably it is switch and not the seat motor, which is probably a good thing because the switch should be in the door, where you have access to it. Take the door panel off to get to the switch. Then you have choices. Get another switch, from somewhere. Junkyard. Your other door. Or guess which two contacts in that switch will move the seat forward. I doubt there is manual method, unless you can remove the motor to the seat, which is under the seat.