tail lights, brake light, turn signals not working

240

Asked by May 19, 2013 at 05:46 PM about the 1993 Lincoln Town Car

none o my rear lights are tuning o or my harzards.

240

chell the fuses changed the bulbs now everything works except the tail lights dont com on with the headlights stil

there is a lighting control relay, I think on yours---give me a minute to cough up a schematic~

here's something~

As I suspected...it is your LCM...lighting control module what is the trouble~

having trouble finding a source....rockauto.com has one for a 1996 but not a '93~....keep the faith...pickNpull is always and alternative~

240

Thanks where's that located on the car

in red...ya see it?

does this help? ---judge

yes...this is a tear away of the firewall, to orient yourself...and yess it's way up inside the dash...will find a picture so you know what you're looking for~

damn, this year is practically impossible to locate~.....pictures are all from subsequent years~.....good luck~

240

I've noticed don't think it could be a ground maybe

yes yes yes ...the end of the black 1/0 cable should be wirebrushed clean and the one to the motorblock as welll...thought we did this already....the battery should be fewer than five years old~

40

Just removed the LCM on mine. You can find it easy because the OBD-2 diagnostic plug in is mounted to the same bracket that holds in the LCM. The screws are 7mm, but they are a bear to get out. exhausted my share of naughty words pulling the doggone thing! try using a 7 mm nut driver, or a socket wrench with a universal joint extension.

20

1998 lincoln towncar. no tail lights.. my hazards and brake lights work. just not the steady taillight... please help.. email me at dishking101@gmail.com

40

On these vehicles, it is common for the electrical wires feeding the brake light switch on the back of the brake pedal to overheat. this is a design flaw that was fixed by a factory recall, but the replacement wire harness is no longer available from ford. check the wires, and see if they are melted. if they are, you will have to remove the instrument panel & replace the harness with a slightly heavier gauge of wire. Sometimes, however, it is just the plug end at the brake light switch that has melted. Replace the brake light switch, and the melted connector. In either case, you need to reduce the amperage draw in the circuit. The best way to do this is to replace all six brake light bulbs, and replace them with the new LED brake light bulbs. these draw about 1/10 as much power. We kept replacing brake light switches on one particular TC of ours until we did this, and we have not had a problem since.

10

I have a 1996 Lincoln Town Car no brake light or turn signals

JE VEUX THE diagrame et manuel lincoln E500S

10

Breaks lights don't light up and signal lights and hazard light don't work either I have a 96 lincontown car