Air ride system

Asked by Jun 24, 2017 at 09:07 PM about the 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII

Is there away that I can manually air up
my air ride system.  

77,935

Unfortunately the parts for this system are obsolete and no longer available. You can buy a conversion kit from your local auto parts store. You can try Arnott for the correct air suspension parts but I don't think they're available. HTH. -Jim

14,695

NO, you can't manually inflate the air springs. All the parts are available and this system is not difficult to repair. I service Mark VIII vehicles. IF its a clean car don't ruin the value and ride with a spring conversion kit.

77,935

Where are the parts available for this 24 year old Lincoln? -Jim

14,695

Which parts? what do you need... the air springs can be sourced from at least 3 different manufactures, along with compressors, ride height sensors , etc... In 2017 the parts are less costly, in addition there more choices of manufactures! even OEM NOS parts are available online. One of my assignments was Wixom Assy (prototype) the former facility that built the MK VIII and Ford GT series 1. If you need a list of the manufactures offerings check the 3 major Lincoln / Ford forums.

77,935

You stated that "all the parts are available." From where? I'm sure the original poster would like to know. I can tell you they're not available through NAPA. I work there. So where can the poster get parts to fix their car? -Jim