Cylinder head gasket replacement

Asked by May 02, 2010 at 11:24 PM about the 1995 Lincoln Town Car

I have a 1995 Lincoln Town Car 4.6 ltr SOHC engine. I just picked it up and the previous owner stated that the car was running fine until the next morning where he went out to start the car. It started and ran for approx 5 seconds then died. Would not restart and it turns over very slowly. No water in oil but looks like oil in coolant? Are these engines prone to having oil leak into the coolant and if so what is the cause.

I had the same problem before with my car. My collant overflow kept getting toms of oil in it. What that is, is that the seal in your oil coller is bad. If your oil coller is water colled, then whats happening is that the oil is mixing with the water there and sending it out to your reservoir. On one side of the sealtheres oil, and water on the other, but if the seal is warped damaged, or missing altogether then guess what, mixie mixie. Its incredibly easy to fix. Just replace your oil cooler. If you dont know where that is.... its the thing you screw your oil filter onto. Good luck.

this is a totally different problem from what I have