My heat stopped working at first it would work when it wanted to especially when I would hit a bump while driving it would come on with no problem what could the problem be

Asked by Jan 31, 2015 at 09:37 AM about the 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII

155

My car did the same thing. The electrical connector located behind the glove compartment had overheated and over time caused failure. It is the wiring harness that connects to the blower motor. Just pull the connector apart and scrape the harness contacts and reconnect.

85

The same thing has happened to my '95 mark. The blower would stop, I opened the glove compartment door and it would come on for awhile then stop, then I would would close the door and it worked again. I've done that for a year but now it won't work at all. Haven't tried to get it fixed fearing the cost would be expensive.