Did I fry the battery

Asked by Apr 26, 2013 at 09:33 PM about the 1997 Lincoln Continental

So I left my key in my car and it was
on at work and when I got back it
won't start so did I fry. The battery or
what

263,735

Probably just drained it. Take the battery to your local auto parts store so they can inspect it and they can tell you if it just needs a charge or needs to be replaced. Take your key with you next time.

75

No you simply drained it. Put a trickle charger on it over night and you'll be fine providing of course the battery wasn't bad before you killed it.

Well on more question my radio is makin clicks noises and static noises too any reason for that

3,290

No, slow charge lets say 6 amps for over night. Check water level in cells, don't over fill . Just enough distilled water to cover the lead plates is all.do the water first then charge. A lot of chargers might only have a 10 amp setting if so only do about 5 hrs.

3,290

On the radio clicking, probably wrong spark plugs. Need some with a r on the plug number

263,735

The clicking sound you here is a dead battery, the spark plugs Mrmoony suggested are if you have the car running and you have those noises.

3,290

Yes

if radio is static, you need to check all of your grounds- or just replace the dirty looking ones.... The clicking you hear isnt just the battery, it could also be your starter relay- eitjher under the hood, or on the starter itself.