1998 lincoln mark 8 dashborad lights

Asked by Mar 19, 2010 at 02:28 PM about the 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

my dash lights are out along with cruise control. any suggestions as to what can be done to repair.

65

Check your fuses. That is the best starting point.

15

I have a 96 mark 8. I took it to coles garage in Akron Ohio. I too have a check engine light that stays lit.I found the car has 2 acuator selinoids that operate 2 throtle bodies also known as intale manifold runner controlls. These are seperate parts from the acuators. You can take it to auto zone for a free print out on paper so you cab study it. I also recomment you have a vaccune gage9WHICH YOU CAN GET FREE AT AUTO ZONE TO CHECK THE ACCUATORS. aS FOR THE LIGHTS AND CRUISE CONTROLL , COLES TOLD ME MY CLOCK SPRING INSIDE THE STEERING WHEEL HAS A BROKEN GROUND WIRE. tHE CLOCK SPRING HOOKS UP CRUISE AND POSSIBLE LIGHTS TO THE WIRE CONNECTIONS AT THE END OF THE STEERING COLUMN SO IF A WIRE IS BROKE THE CRUISE WILL NOT WORK. YOU CAN CALL ME AT 330 701-9689 AS I AM TRYING TO FIX MY MARK 8. pARTS ARE TO PROBLEM nO AFTERMARKET PARTS. tRY LKQ . tHEY HAVE SOME . bEST OF LIUCK. bILL gREDICK