Air Suspension Problem

Asked by May 05, 2010 at 11:23 PM about the 2003 Lincoln Navigator

So heres the situation, I ordered the Arnott Air Suspension spring for my 2003
Lincoln Navigator to replace my front passenger side unit.  Replaced Spring - Still
leaked.  Replaced "Top Cap" where the unit mounts in wheel well - Still leaked.  
Replaced the solenoid with an Arnott brand - Leaked less but still slowly lowers
down until its sitting on top of my 22" wheels.  

So, today I aired the unit up, turned off the suspension, unbolted it and pulled it
away (keeping the solenoid installed with the air in the bag).  When I sprayed the
soapy solution around all of the areas it could leak, I noticed that my slow leak is
coming from around my solenoid.  The solenoid and o-rings are brand new so I'm
not sure why its not sealing properly.  Could it be because I shouldn't have
lubricated them, or maybe not enough lubricant?  Does anyone have any other
ideas to seal that solenoid properly?  Thanks!!

150

I bought a non air conversion kit from Strutmasters for my Expedition. I saved lots of money on repairs. My garage was quoting me on a price starting at $1500. I bought a four wheel kit for under that! Its worth looking into.

20

WOW! I am so glad I was not the only one with these air ride problems. I had replaced the springs on mine twice and the compressor too. And then I learned that Strutmasters makes a non air conversion kit for my ride! They have a great customer service team that helped my mechanic with questions and everything. You'll be glad you got away from that air!

50

My problem was in the air lines themselves. They started leaking badly after a vacation. I called Strutmasters.com and purchased a conversion kit for my wife's Navigator. She loved the ride and I loved the price. I do think that this is the way to go when it comes to dealing with any air ride system.

260

STRUTMASTER HAS SPAMMED EVERY SITE THAT HAS ASKED THE QUESTION ON HOW TO KILL THE " CHECK SUSPENSION " LIGHT ON NAVIGATORS. HERE'S A SOLUTION FOR 98 NAVIGATORS AND SIMILAR. BUY COIL SPRINGS FOR A 98 EXPEDITION FROM THE JUNK YARD FOR ABOUT $140 FOR THE PAIR, NON-AIR SHOCKS FOR $80 PAIR FROM AUTOZONE AND YOUR DONE! I NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM A COMPANY THAT SPAMS IT'S PRODUCT ON HELP SITES BY USING PHONEY ENDORSEMENTS LIKE THE ONES ABOVE. AND ONE LAST THING, IT IS TRUE THAT YOUR RIDE WILL BE MORE TRUCK LIKE AFTERWARDS, BUT A FEW HUNDRED POUNDS OF TOOLS IN THE BACK WILL SOFTEN THE RIDE AND WILL BE A LOT SAFER THEN HAVING YOUR SUSPENSION GO OUT AT 60MPH WHILE HAULING AROUND YOUR KID AND 4 OF HIS FRIENDS

70

u know i was acyually vurious for a second about what those other guys paid for their conversion kit until ui read your post and realised exactly what u said. i may have not gone to a scrap yard but my part dealer did get me a kit from monroe new springs and 4 sensatrack shocks cheaper then if i had bought them all sepratly.. the only difference is that the fron shocks had coil over springs to compensate for the air shocks.. and it only cost $300 canadian AND 2 hours in my driveway and thats for the whole job

10

We replaced everything in our air ride suspension last Feb now its January and were having the same issues. I am down right pissed. No suspension in a SUV with less then 100,000 miles that will not drive nice in the cold. I have now contacted Everyone I possible could to see if Lincoln to own up and fix this issue. A new compressor new silonodes no o rings worked fin in the summer then the 1 st cold day we get bam back on the ground. Its a scary ride bouncing all over the place. This is sposed to be a family SUV.

40

people need to stop buying navigators untill they can fix this i replaced my height censers checked for leaks replaces o rings and my navi is still sitting low on drivers side both front and back wont lift passengers side is normal im going nuts trying to figure this out its not the oem relay aether i dont know what to check next and am done with Lincoln.

20

Lincoln is SUPPOSE to be THE CROWN JEWEL of the Ford Line.My Escort wagon was more dependable and so was my 1972 Pinto. LINCOLN is Garbage .JUNK...$ 68,000.00 Piece of JUNK...