I just bought a 1991 Lesus ES 250 and want to know if the overdrive should be on or off for normal driving.

Asked by Feb 24, 2007 at 05:16 PM about the 1991 Lexus ES 250

The car had no information or manuels with it. I don't know if I should drive with it on or off for most of the time.

17,525

Hello, I highly recommend purchasing an owner's manual. There are several current auctions on ebay for owner's manuals for this vehicle which are under $15. Here is a link to them: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&submitsearch=Search&satitle=1991+lexus+es+manual&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&lsot=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal Best of luck! CarGrrl

845

You can leave it on, it will save gas and hurt nothing. An automatic tranny will use the proper gear all by itself. Occasionally when driving a very long uphill road you may turn it off if the tranny seems to shift itself a lot.