Gas

5

Asked by Apr 30, 2009 at 07:49 PM about the 1993 Lexus SC 400

I been smelling gas n my car for about 2 week I would like to know does this car have many gas line n how can I get this problem fix

5

I DONT KNOW HOW MEAN LINES IT HAS BUT I HAVE HAD 3 GAS CARS AND GOT NO SMELL OF GAS FROM ANY OF THEM SO I WOULD GET THIS SEEN TO A.S.A.P HOPE THIS HELPS

Have you ever had the fuel filter changed? If not that would be a good cheap place to start you are supposed to change them every 15000 miles but few people know that.. Hope this helps.

35

If you are smelling gas in the car you have a cause for concern. There will be two lines (most likely plastic) a pressure line and a return line. If the smell is strong inside the car you may have a problem with the seal on the fuel pump which goes in the top of the tank. There may be an access hole under the back seat or in the trunk, not sure on this particular model.

20

The tank is in the trunk, the access hole is at the front of the tank, behind the rear seat. The metal lines exit at the bottom, through rubber grommets in the floor under the tank. Most likely it is a problem with the access door gasket.